This website is operated and provided by Ship Finance Global Limited (“SFG”, “we“, “us“, “our“) having its registered office at 13 Karaiskakis Street, CY3032 Limassol, Cyprus. We are a data controller for the purpose of Data Protection Legislation (as defined below).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
What personal information do we collect from you and how do we use it?
Personal information (which includes ‘personal data’ as defined in Data Protection Legislation)
is generally collected so we can deliver requested materials or information.
The personal data we collect and process may include:
- your name;
- your contact information such as your email address and telephone number (or any telephone number used to call our customer services);
- your postings on any other social media applications and services that we provide;
- your IP address, your browser type and language;
- your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;[SH1]
- information about your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- The personal data we collect may also include so called ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as details about your health (for example if you are to participate in one of our projects as a participant). Where reasonably practicable, we will usually seek separate permission from you in writing to process these special categories of personal data.
How we collect information about you:
Information you give to us when you participate on our platform
- If you participate on our platform you will need to provide certain information including your name, address and card number.
Other information you give to us
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site eShipfinance.com (“our site”) (e.g. the Contact Us section [or to sign up to our newsletter]) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register on the site for us to contact you, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name and e-mail.
- Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information we collect about you
- In addition, with regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect certain information e.g. your IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet.
How we use your information
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience and to provide the services you have requested. We may also use the information that you have provided to ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
We use your information for the following specific purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to consider your application where you have applied for a position with us;
- to send you [our newsletter or] updates, or to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them; and provide you or them with targeted marketing in relation to our services (unless you or they indicate at any time that you or they do not wish us to do so); and
- When requesting material or asking someone to contact you, you will have the option to request other information that may be of interest.
Legal grounds for using your personal information
The law permits us to process your personal data in the way that it does because the processing is:
- necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests that we pursue, which are to run and administer our business, to discharge our legal obligations to store and disclose information where necessary and to evaluate, develop and improve our services; and/or
- necessary for the performance of our contract to provide you with the services you have requested; and/or
- necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
To the extent that we process any special categories of data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because either: (i) you have given us your explicit consent to process that personal data; (ii) you have made the personal data manifestly public; or (iii) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Sharing your information
- We may disclose data to provide our services, to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, and protect our rights and property.
- The personal information you provide to us may also be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or related companies (including payment processors) if this is necessary to provide you with our products and services, respond to your inquiries or for any other related purposes.
- We may also share your personal information with:
- other companies we have instructed to provide services for us;
- analytics and search engine providers that may assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- third parties who support our information technology or handle mailings or events on our behalf;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person);
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity; and
- any successor in interest, in the event of a liquidation or administration of SFG.
SFG does not undertake marketing activities for third parties, nor does it provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Links to Other Sites
The Site contains links to other websites. SFG is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites to which links are provided. You should check the privacy policies on these sites before providing any personal information. This privacy statement relates only to information contained on, or gathered via, the Site.
How we protect your information
We take your online security seriously and have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Once we have received your information we will ensure that the collection and use of your information is in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. All personnel of SFG are required to keep personal information confidential and only authorised persons have access to such information.
Please note, however, that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or provided though the Site.
How long we keep your information
We will only keep the information we collect about you, through your use of the Site or otherwise, for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Transferring data outside of the EEA
Data that you submit via our website is sent to and stored on secure servers owned by or operated for us. Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to a country not deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission, and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers, related companies, agents or contractors. Such transfers may be made in order to improve the Site or to assist in our security or fraud protection activities.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the EEA, we or they will impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the EEA. We or they may also require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. We do not generally rely on your consent as the legal basis for transferring your personal data to outside the EEA, however where we feel it is necessary or appropriate we may seek to rely on your consent as the legal basis for such processing. Where we do, you may withdraw your consent at any time in the manner described below.
You have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list for newsletters, alerts and updates at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you.
Details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send you. Alternatively, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “URGENT – UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST” in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email.
We will action any opt out request from you without delay, and in any event within one month.
At any time, you have the right:
- to be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences);
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages , if any, at any time by using the below contact details;
- to restrict processing of your personal data;
- to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We will correct any incorrect or incomplete information and will stop processing your personal data, or erase it, where there is no legal reason for us to continue to hold or use that information.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.